Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pregnancy

So yeah, I'm about 33 weeks pregnant. We are having another little boy and we are expecting him to come into our family March 24th, 2011. We plan on naming him Andrew David Engstrom. We are really excited for him to be a part of our family.

For the past couple of Sundays I've been away at other meetings for the stake and so no one at church has seen me. So today I guess I surprised everyone at how big my body has gotten. The comments were many. I can't believe what comes out of people's mouths to a pregnant woman. The best comment that was said to me today was "Wow, you look more uncomfortable than someone who has swallowed a whole elephant."

What do I say to that? I think just smiled and said "yep." and laughed uncomfortably.

10 comments:

Katri said...

How are the baby room projects coming?

McCain Family said...

wow...I don't know what to say to that. I think it tops my "pregnant up to the nose comment." You should have had a hormonal burst of tears and see what he said then. I'm assuming it was a man that said that because a woman knows better right?

Jenalyn said...

The projects are coming along. I'm in the middle of getting the chair done and I'm waiting on monogram to be put on my fabric. but I have the bumper and bed skirt done. I'm just about ready to start in on the valence and then I'll be about finnished.

Kearl said...

Yeah, three boys in a row! Just like us. I can't believe the elephant comment. Seriously, where's the filter?

Becca said...

Oh, people. I remember when I was six months pregnant with Brigham, a checker at Walmart said to me, "Girl, you like like you 'bout ready."

Ugh.

I want to see some pregnancy pictures, Boogs!

Jenalyn said...

I need to take some pictures. I've noticed that if I don't hand josh the camera and ask for him to take my pictures then it doesn't happen.

The Lady of the House said...

I remember that! The "wow, you're huge!" got really old. It was meant in the best way...just keep it to yourself.

Taylor and I are living an hour south of you all in NJ. I'm quite surprised how much I like it here.

Bugs Mama said...

ahh the things people say to pregnant women. It's like the sight of a baby belly removes the brain/mouth filter. SO annoying.

I second (or third or fourth) the request for belly pictures!

Chrislynn said...

I think you look beautiful (even though I haven't seen you, but I am sure it is a true statement, anyway)!

Mandy said...

Actually, the elephant comment is kind of funny because I'm sure it is starting to get uncomfortable and difficult for you to bend over, lie down, stand up, etc. The last month is the hardest! And I'm sure that the person that said it loves you and knows that you have a great sense of humor!
Some people don't seem to realize that the comments get old quickly though, mostly because just about everyone you meet, whether you know them or not, has to say something to say to an obviously pregnant woman. You have to admit that it was original!
Keep smiling and know that you are beautiful pregnant!