Saturday, February 5, 2011

Munchkins

Working with the youth I know that someday that my sweet boys will be teenagers that will be embarrised to even achknowledge our excistance. Josh and I will go form super heros to weirdos. So in effort to remember these blissfull moments I'm making more of an effort to write these moments down. This is one of those moments that you just want to bottel up and relive when ever you are having a challenge.

I got to go to a meeting tonight and I was givin munchkins (doughnut holes) to bring home. I announced to the boys that I had treats and they came running. The favorities for the boys were the chocolate ones. Those quickly got grabed up. Adam got the last one and I guess he noticed that I didn't take any of the chocolate munchkins. He came around the table to me and said " mom, I'll break off a piece for you." I figured out that he wanted to share the last one with me. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I don't like those and to take the whole thing for himself because he was so excited to give me some. He split it in half and with a sweet smile gave me my share. He just melts my heart.
Zachary had one in his hand too and followed the example of his older brother. He tore off a small morsel and said with his fun smile, "this is for you daddy."

I just love my boys.

1 comment:

Chrislynn said...

I love it when my kids do stuff like that, too! It helps me feel like I must be doing something right as a parent.