Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Snow




I feel like I'm experiencing a winter like what George Washington did during the winter of 1779-1780. However I have the great comforts of heat electrisity, super markets with really good grapes, phones and all of the other luxeries that we enjoy in this time.
We have had more snow than I can ever remember seeing except when i worked on the mountain but that was an elevation of about 9,000-10,000 ft. I know that people complaine about all fo the snow and yes it is expensive to salt and plow the roads but it is really pretty. I feel like I'm living in one of the cards of Currier & Ives.
The best part of the snow are the snow days. I get to have the boys with me and take a break from our usual routine. It is tradition that when we have a snow day that we go out and play in the snow and I make chocolate chip cookies. We have had so many snow days that I just make a large batch of cookies, freeze several dozen cookies dough balls and pull a couple dozen out to bake each snow day. One of Zachary's favorite treats now is "a cookie ball".

Another adventure that this weather has offered our family this year is great sleding conditions. For the past couple of Saturdays Josh has taken the boys to a park with a little bunny hill and a nice path to walk up it. The boys and Josh have had a good time riding down the hill. I am a spectator. I hope that next winter is as good as this one because we have big plans to go snow skiing in the Pocono Mt. I know that it will not be what I have been spoiled with in Utah but it is better than doing nothing. Plus I really want to introduce my boys the the sport. It is my favorite activity to do on this earth and I really hope that they love it or grow to love it. I am thinking that if they like sleding the they will love snow boarding etc. Right?

No comments: