Sunday, September 27, 2009

Good Mommy Moments

Adam got in his head that he wanted spider cookies. So that is what we did. We spent the afternoon making cookie dough, rolling the dough out, and cutting the cookies. We cut out our family and the round cookies I thought that I would put webs & spiders on them with frosting. But Adam got uninterested in cutting out the cookies and really wanted to see the SPIDERS so I sculpted the dough into spiders. I think they turned out pretty good.
Let me explain the cookie picture. No that is not a naked cookie man. Josh put the frosting on his cookie and he choose to highlight his pecks, belly button, and side burns. He was really proud at his accurate depiction of his self. I Love him so much.
The cookies didn't really taste that great though. Does anyone have a favorite sugar cookie recipie that they love? I would love to have a better one on hand.

11 comments:

Becca said...

Does Josh have sideburns?

I'm impressed with those spiders--it looks like you used a cookie cutter--they look so perfect!

The Lady of the House said...

Family Fun magazine had a really delicious sugar cookie recipe. I don't have in anymore though. :(

Clark Family said...

I have a great sugar cookie recipe and they turn out great every time...just email me your email and I will send it to you.
bkclark4@msn.com

Love Lorri said...

If I can find it. It does make the bigger fluffier cookies. Like the BIIIIG pink cookies from Utah!!! yum!
let me look for it for you'!

Brittany Roscheck said...

I am thinking that cookies are looking pretty good right now and it's only 8:00 in the morning. Your family is so cute! I love to see the boys growing.

Jenalyn said...

No, Josh doesn't have sideburns but in his mind he does.

Kathryn said...

FUN! This makes me want to make sugar cookies :) Ben used to help me make cookies, but I've had to restrain him lately because he will constantly reach in and grab cookie dough (by the handful if I let him).

Kathryn said...

And... I agree with Becca. Nice work on the spiders.

Jenalyn said...

Thanks Kathryn and Becca. I couldn't find a spider cookie cutter so I jsut sculpted the spiders. It was a lot of fun.

Kearl said...

Forward me on that good sugar cookie recipe, b/c I've never found a good one yet either.

elle said...

This is a precious story! Sorry I dont have a good sugar cookie recipe. I've never tried making them because I always go straight to choc chip!