Friday, March 1, 2013

Oh, For the Love of Reading

So, I've tried to introduce books and the love of reading to my boys.  I don't think that I have been that succesfull.  We read everynight and have done so from an early age.  However the love of reading for my older boys didn't happen until they discovered "Captain Underpants".  I can hardly get Adam to go to sleep because he stays up reading his book.  He studies it.  At my last teacher conference his teacher told me that his reading has really jumped up.  I told her the secrete was "Captain Underpants".  She loved it.  Adam and Zachary planned out their book fair purchases so that they could get the new "Captain Underpants" books and others.  They had half-days the book fair days and instead of playing video games with their extra time, they poured over these books; reading to each other, laughing about and discussing the characters.  I love it.


 
Andrew has found his love it is cars and anything to do with cars or trains is game including books.  He likes to go to his book supply and sit in our chair and read to himself.  It is so fun to listen to his gabber and watch him point to the pictures and get excited about the his book.  I wish I could bottle up these moments and keep them forever. 

No comments: