Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

Lots of fun this Easter and a little different than previous years just because we didn't have a kitchen to make some of the traditional meals and I was limited to what I could do for the boys. 

The boys celebrations started in school with their class parties on Thursday.  Friday was their first day of Spring Break.  I had to take them to a granite place and for their good behavior I took them to get a new toy and get happy meals.  We had a picnic in our backyard and played outside for the rest of the day.  It was beautiful!  I wanted to soak up my cute kids and thier sweet excitement for life and the renewed earth around them. 

We had the coolest egg hunt with our friends the McIntyres in the wood accross the street from where they live.  We hid the eggs in a clearing in the middle of the woods.  We had them all over in the grasses, downed logs, bushes etc...  it was great.  Adam and Zach had a good time finding eggs but it got a little competive with the other kids.  Andrew really didn't get that he needed to gather eggs and then eat the contents.  He just picked up an eggs, opened it, threw the wrapers into this basket and enjoyed.  It was cute.

I learned somthing about Zachary during the egg hunt event.  I learned that he really is a peacemaker.  Even if it means that he loses out on getting candy/ ahead, he will sacrifice his personal gain for his friend.  During the hunt there were some giant camoo eggs that were very desireable and he found them.  Jacob his friend expressed his desire for this eggs and even though Zachary was really excited about it and wanted it too he traded it for a lesser egg.  He did it and was happy to do so because he knew it would make his friend happy.  He does tihs same kind of thing at dinner time.  He will profess his graditude and love for the food all the while choaking it down just to make me happy.  He puts others before himself.  May I learn from his Christ like example.  Truly if we could become like a little child.....

Finding baskets was fun this morning.  The bunny went for more toys this year and so there some fun surprises. I had a lot of fun dressing everyone in coordinating outfits for Easter.  I tried my best to take pictures after church and Andrew was tired and had  had enough.

No comments: