Sunday, March 3, 2013

Man-of-the-House

As Daddy left for his conference out of town he turned to Adam and told him that while he was a way he would be Man of the house.  That made Adam feel really important.  Later that evening over dinner I explained what being man of the house ment and what Daddy's responsibilities were.  Adam and Zachary were ready and willing to step up and help me out.  I didn't evening need to ask; after dinner Zachar started to unload the dishwasher.  Adam and Zachary were literally fighting over who got to put a way some of the dishes.  Once the dishes were put away Adam stayed and wanted to load the dishwasher.  It was great! So we had a good time doing that.  Later that night Adam led us in scripture study and was happy to choose someone to say the prayer. 

As a parent I got to see a little how much a good example of an awesome father effects my sons.  I saw my boys wanting to perform upto Daddy's standards.  They really do watch us and our examples.  I pray that I can be a good example for them.

No comments: