Saturday, December 14, 2013

Santa Time

We had a very nice day yesterday.  I got to sleep in after staying up late wrapping gifts ( 2nd night in a row).  We went to the mall to see Santa and have a chat with him.  I asked Adam and Zach what they were going to ask Santa for and they told me "max steel turbo sword" and Zach said "bay warriors".  Which I find funny since they were really into a different set of toys a few weeks ago.  Awww, the fleeting desires of a child.  Anyway after seeing Santa, we ran around the little mall riding rids and ducking into stores for a quick look.  The boys really enjoyed getting pretzel sticks and .25 balls at old navy.  It is fun as a parent to see you kids get a kick out of something so simple

We stayed home the rest of the day and made Santa sandwiches with a snow storm outside and Christmas music inside.  It was one of those moments that I just wanted to bottle up and remember forever.  As Andrew snoozed upstairs Adam and Zach helped me put peanut butter on the crackers and dip them in the chocolate.  I thought that their help would last a few minuets at best but they really got into the activity.  I let them take over the dipping.  It was SO nice to be together in the kitchen enjoying each other's company.  As they were dipping into the chocolate they made up a game where all of the cracker sandwiches had come to life and were begging to not be drowned in the chocolate.  At least I think that is what they came up with.  I didn't want to interrupt their game.  Andrew got up and the snow had piled up that they all wanted to go outside with dad and have a snowball fight which is what they did.  I got to hear all about the epic battle with dad.  I poked my head out to take a few pictures and saw Andrew laying down in the snow pushing a boat through the snow and analyzing the tracks that it made.  Also they boys running around trying the best to get dad.  I just loved today.







No comments: