Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dec the halls

Decorations for every holiday are I think a important part.  They really help set the mood and get everyone excited about the upcoming events.  Well Christmas to me is the biggest of all holidays and so I do my best to decorate all over the house.  We make a day of it by getting the kids involved, putting on our favorite Christmas time music or movies to be playing in the background.  This year I had on "White Christmas" a favorite of mine.  Growing up my family would watch this movie and Kathryn, Heather and I would often sing the song "Sisters" or "Snow, snow, SNOW!" while getting ready in the morning together.  I have memories of watching the dance scenes with my dad and him point out the difficulty of what they were doing. I found myself doing the same thing with Zach this year.  The little cutie watched some of the movie with me and seemed genuinely interested and impressed with the movie.  It was fun for me to share that with him.

Finally what the boys had been wanting to do all day; we decorated the Christmas tree together.  I love our decorations and ornaments for our tree.  Most of them are home made and or pictures of the boys.  To me there isn't anything better than looking at my tree with my three boys looking back at me.








No comments: