Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

It was a fun but a little crazy day and I'm so glad that I had a baby sitter lined up and Andrew and that Josh could take a half day at work so that everyone's needs could be met.  Zach and Adam got to walk in their school parade but since I was at Adam's school doing his party Josh got to go to Zach's parade.  I got to walk with Adam in his parade.  I love that the kids get to dress up in their costumes at school and parade around and see everyone all dressed up.
After the school party we rested up a bit and then went Trick-or-Treating around our block.  Adam was a vampire this year and at every door would say with his best vampire voice "trick-or-treat Ha-Ha-Haaaaaa".  He cracked me up.  Zachary was a very cute bat.  I was very impressed with myself that I made is costume this year.  I had one of the other first grade teachers tell me that she didn't get to see it but she had heard that it was very cute.  I really enjoyed watching Zach bound from one house to the other in his cute happy way.  Andrew enjoyed getting candy and really liked seeing people's dogs.  We came up to one house with some cut logs in off to one side and Andrew recognized those as "jobie wood" from a Thomas and Friends' episode that he watches.  He saw the logs and exclaimed over and over "jobie!  jobie!  jobie!"  He made a very cute Clark Kent.  He was a less interested in costumes this year and so it was hard to figure out what he  would let me put on him.  I tried several different costumes and even bought him one but he either wasn't interested or really protested to wearing it.  So I took his superman costume from his first Halloween cut off the legs and arms and put it under a collard shirt with slacks boom Clark Kent.

After pizza Josh took the older boys out for a little more Halloween fun at the high school trunk-or-treat event which emptied out the neighborhoods.  I think that the boys had a very happy Halloween.



1 comment:

Becca said...

I feel bad for the teacher who didn't get to see the bat costume, because it is ADORABLE! Great job, Jena--Clark Kent is a "super" idea, and I love it that Adam has Dracula's medallion included on his costume. Glad you had a fun holiday! Your boys sure are cute.