Monday, October 28, 2013

Carve it up!

Our annual pumpkin carving FHE.  Our lesson was explaining what jack-o-lanterns were originally used for (to keep bad spirit away) and we talked about what is it we do every day to protect ourselves from evil influences.  Then we got to it.  I prepped the pumpkin for surgery as the boys came up with their designs for our 2013 Jack-O-Lantern.  Adam and Zach collaborated on what portions of their individual designs they wanted to include into our family masterpiece.  I drew the face out and the carving began.  Adam was most excited about the mouth (it had a vampire flare) and he carved that with a little help from Andrew.  Zach really wanted to do the eyes and I got to do the rest.  We lit our Jack up that night.  I think he turned out pretty good.  I just really enjoyed that everyone got to carve this year and everyone had a good time.







No comments: