Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I am now a MVM


Yes, I am now a MVM (mini van mom). After searching on the internet, calling, going to several dealers, and a couple of date nights I found the one. In our search we had been burned by some people scooping up the cars that we had appointments for. One time we drove a long way to see a couple of vans just to be told that they had sold them the saturday before. So when I saw this odyssey '05 EX-L with only 75k on it I decided not to wait until the weekend. I forced the whole family out there on a Thursday evening. Everything was right about it: the automatic doors, leather interior, over all cleanliness and the warranty. I really liked it but I was hesitant to fall in love. After Josh talked with the salesman and saw all of the records etc..... he made the deal! I'm really REALLY glad that I forced my family out the door that night because on Saturday when we went to go pick it up the salesman told us that he had three other people come in and ask to see that odyssey.
What a relief to have this big chore done. Now I feel like this little guy can come. All of the big stuff is out of the way.

The boys were so excited. We had been talking about getting a big car for a long time and Saturday the boys finnally got one. They call the auto doors magic. Zachary wanted to stop by his friend's house to show off his big car. I love that they are so happy...I'm really happy too.

5 comments:

Kearl said...

You'll love it. We have the exact same one in tan and I could not be happier. How did I do kids without automatic doors before?! They really are magic.

Becky said...

Congrats on the new van. I told Brian we should get one when we come home but he refuses.

Katri said...

Good choice with the Honda--with a little maintenance, they last forever. Welcome to the MVM club!

Becca said...

Sa-weet! Good job, Jena--you'll love being an MVM.

Chrislynn said...

LOVE IT! That's the one I want. Your hair is so long and pretty!