Thursday, March 31, 2011

Andrew David Engstrom

Welcome Andrew David Engstrom to our family.

Born: March 21st, 2011

7lbs. 5oz. 20"

with a full head of hair

Contractions started Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church. The plan for that day was that I would take the boys to church while Josh went to the airport to pick up my mom. Josh convienced me not to go to church and it wasn't too hard to convience me because I was very uncomfortable. We ended up not going to church at all, Adam told me how he was so disappointed that he didn't get to go and that he missed primary. I never thought that I would hear those words pass the lips of Adam's mouth but he never fails to surprise me.
The contractions kept on coming but my mom told me that it was probably just braxton hicks contractions. They kept me up all night long and they were getting closer there wer about 3-5min apart. It was about then that I thought I should call the dr. and ask what is the protocall. He told me that he would meet me at the hospital. So we went and when the nurse the checked me I was diolated 7cm. After that things went pretty fast. I asked if I could continue and have a vagital birth but after 2 sections they told me that it was too risky. So I signed all of the paper work and went to the operating room around 6:00am and by 6:46 am Andrew David Engstrom was born. After I came out of recovery they brought Andrew to me and he latched right on and snuggeled. He is so sweet and perfect.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats! What beautiful pictures - he is so perfect! And how great that your mom could be there just in time!

Maegan said...

Congrats on a beautiful healthy little boy! You and your house of men- that's awesome!

Becca said...

yay! Oh, Jena, he's adorable. What a sweet little guy. I am so glad Mom came to help you--it sounds like she did so many nice things. I'm glad you have Jo coming to help, too.

Congratulations!

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

I just stopped in for the first time in a long while. Congratulations Jenalyn and Josh! What a handsome little man and holy smokes--3 boys! How fun is that? You all look great.

Miss you guys!

Kathryn said...

This is the first I've looked at this! I love the pictures... he is perfect and you look great in your afterbirth pictures. Way to go. love you.