Saturday, June 26, 2010

It must be summer

I didn't take too many pictures this week (like none) but I should have. We went with our friends the Nells to one of the beaches at Sandy Hook. I must have looked like a pack mule walking out to the ocean side. I had the unbrella, picnic, chair, toys, and bags all straped to my body and my kids not far behind me. We set up our site and before I knew it Adam was in the water having a blast. Zachary didn't go too far from our blankets because all he needed was right there; sand and toys. I hurried and got sunblock on the best i could by myself. My bathing suit was a little lower than I remember it being and I didn't ask our friends to help since they were in the water with Adam so i just did my best to spray and thought that I would be ok.......Wrong! It is obviously the beginning of summer because I thought I would be burnt and I would stay in the shade of my umbrella. I'll just say I have the weirdest tan lines ever! Oh well, Josh is the only one that will see that anyway.
Adam was in heaven playing in the ocean. That makes me so happy to see my kid having a good time doing somthing a little dangerous. There were times that I was out in the water with him and a wave would come up and wash over him. I could see this big eyes and face under the water and I thhought that "ugh-oh, this is it Adam is going to be scared and want to leave." But every time I was wrong. He would come up and shake it off and we would celebrate how cool that was.
Zachary on the other hand was more than content to not touch the water. I tried to get him to at least touch his toe to the water and he wanted nothing to do with it. Being the stubbern mom that I am I held him on my lap and touched his toes to the wet sand where the water had just receided and that got him really upset. It is funny to me how kids come from the same parents, have the same of a lot of things but they are as oppisite as can be. I know that God makes each one of us and we are all special to Him. Because it was so hot that day I would fill a bucket up and get Zachary wet to cool him off and he didn't mind it. But just don't try to get him into a body of water.
We went swimming at a friends house on friday. It was an inground pool and had different levels of depth. He was fine with the shallow end but he would have nothing to do with me holding him and going into deeper waters. I worrie about our trip to the lake and him having a good time. I know that I'm going to have a hard time with him not being adventerous and fearful. I just don't understand that kind of thing. I need to be patient with this and that is not my forte. I pray that he'll have a good time.
Summer really is the greatest time of the year for any age. I love being a mom during this time. It is so much fun. I really feel like I get to soak up my kids. I even don't mind if we stay home and just relax. Between playing in the yard, looking at bugs, playing with toys, picnicing at our fort, jumping on the tramp, picking the day's harvest from the garden, and reading library books we are occupied. LOVE the summer.

No comments: