Sunday, June 27, 2010

Babysitter Lessons

After coming home from our date we were getting the report from our babysitter on the boy's behavior. I was asking details about the bed time routine and she said "yeah, after I read a couple of books to them that they wanted me to read the "Book of Mormon" to them I didn't really know what to do and then they wanted to pray so I knelt down by them. After that they wanted hugs and I gave them hugs. LOL"
I was so proud of my little ones. I'm so glad that even though we weren't here they wanted to read scriptures and pray. I didn't think to tell the babysitter about scripture and paryer part because I really didnt' think that the boys would do it unprompted. It is just a testimony to me that consistency will turn into good habits for our little ones later on. Also I wonder if that was the first experience that our sitter has had with pray in a long time.
I went in to check on Adam and he was still awake and told me about what happened. He told me that she didn't give him a squawg so I got to give him one. Just so you know a squawg is: a combination of a hug and a squeeze and as you are giving one you have to say "Squawg!" in a loud way. This is a little ritual that Adam made up and has become one of his favorite wrestling moves.

No comments: