Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Pinewood Durby 2016 Clean Sweep!!!

Pinewood derby is something as a parent I don't really have the skills for so I let google, hobby lobby and Daddy take over on this project.  Daddy obvioulsy did a better job than I have done in the past because the boys cars took first and second places this year!!!  The event was a nice one but loud and the boy scout couldn't contain them selves.  I had to keep texting Josh to come in from a meeting so he could see his cars beat everyone.  There couldn't have been a more gracious winner than Zach.  He told me afterwards that he was really happy but he didn't want to gloat in front of the other boys because he didn't want to make anyone feel bad.  He had a few of his friends that were really cute about him winning.  Adam was as proud as punch about his second place. As I took his picture he wore his ribbon with a full chest and a great smile.

Through out the pine wood derby car building processes Andrew has been asking "where's my car mom?"  This question was asked as were leaving to go out the door to the race.  I grabbed Adam's last year car off his shelf in his room, dusted it off, and handed it to Andrew and made him the happiest little boy.  The cub scout leaders were so awesome at involving Andrew in the race it made his day and mine.





No comments: