Saturday, February 22, 2014

Family Snow Ski




I have been looking forward to the day that I would take my family to the mountain since I was a young adult.  I worked up on a mountain for a season and would see families skiing down together.  Oh to share the joy of skiing with my kids.....what bliss.
The day has come that the stars aligned that we made our voyage as a family to a near by ski resort. Wanting so badly for things to go well and for everyone to have a positive experience, I have been orchestrating this day for a couple of years. We signed Adam and Zachary up for a half day of ski lessons.  Andrew went easily into daycare and Josh and I took off to the slops for a little time of our own.  All I could think about was our little guys and if they were having a good time.  However there were a few moments that I would cursing down that I was fully into the moment.  (Gosh, I love snow skiing!).

Josh and I got to the ski school a little early to spy on our mankis one and two.  They looked like they were doing well.  We got to see Adam go down the little hill a couple of times.  We saw Zach practicing some of his new acquired skills as well.  When Josh went to pick them up the report that he got on Zach was that he did a good job and that he was super helpful to the other students in his class.  He was picking up their skis and helping other kids with their equipment.  What a guy!  He is just naturally charitable!  That is a characteristic that so many people spend a lifetime trying to fake/receive and Zach is gifted with it.  I'm such a lucky Mom.  Adam's report was also shining.  His teacher told us that he did awesome and that he was ready for the slopes.  I think Adam was really ready to take off those uncomfortable boot and didn't like the idea of leaving them on so when his teacher came back and told him that he could keep his skis and boots on he didn't like that.  Once he knew that he could take off the boots everything was fine and he told us how much he liked it and that he was ready to go out again.  Even thou we wanted to Zach wasn't ready so we decided to call it a day.  We picked up Andrew enjoyed lunch outside under the sun and went home tired and happy!  It was a positive wonderful day of learning and skiing.  I'm on my way to having one of my long time wishes come true, which is to ski down the mountain with my most favorite people (my family) with me.  Doing my most favorite activity with my most favorite people.

No comments: