Friday, November 2, 2012

Pittsburgh, PA

Our stay in Pittsburgh was a nice one.  I had a lot to be thankful for: power, entertainment for kids, maid service, fresh fruit every morning, someone else to wash the dishes, in-door pool, etc...  I felt pretty guilty that all of my friends were in NJ with out power and heat.  But everyone had family near by to go to so they could get warm and be comfortable.  If we had stayed we wouldn't have had a place to go so I'm super glad that we were able to go to Pittsburgh with Daddy. 

Our first full day there we got a family membership to the Children's Museum.  It is the best children's museum that I have ever been to.  They had a make shop where you can create anything that you can imagin.  That is where Zach and I went to on our first day.  He decided that he wanted to sew a bat.  So he picked out the fabric and signed off on the design that we came up with.  It was pretty cute.  Zach helped sew it and stuff it.  I really enjoyed spending some time with my sweet little guy. 

Josh had to go to his conference everyday but came back about 11:00 so that we could spend the rest of the day together.  We usually got lunch, Andrew took a nap and then we, went to the museum. 

While we were there in Pittsburgh we got to celebrate Halloween.  The boys dressed in their costumes for breakfast and later on that evening we took them out to trick-or-treat at a mall in the sub-burbers.  For the first 10 min it was nice but then everyone else in the city came and it was a mad house.  I heard on the news that the expected about 2,000 trick-or-treaters and got about 5,000.  WOW! 

My favorite part of our stay there is the city of Pittsburgh was our spur-of-the-moment trip to the curcius.  We were at dinner at TGIFriday accross the street from our hotel and someone mentioned that the it was opening night for the circus just up stairs.  So I sent to go and check it out and ended up getting tickets for me and the older boys.  It was my first time to go to the circus and it was an amazing show.  Zachary's favorite part was the human tourch.  a man that lit himself on fire and catepulted his accross the areana.  Adam's favorite act was the clowns.  And my favorite part was the acrobats.





No comments: