Friday, January 8, 2010

Grandma comes to town


Family is what the Holiday's are about and since we weren't going to be able to go to Grandma's house this year she came to us. while she was here we kept busy. While she was here she cooked, cleaned and crafted. She never stoped! I would turn around to do a chore and there she was already doing it or it was done. What a treat during one of the most stressfull times of the year. Not only I enjoyed Grandma but the boys did too.


She made them little aprons and they jumped in to be her helpers. Adam was very interested in her ability to make pies, bread, rolls etc. as am I. As we watched a baking instructual dvd Adam states, "Grandma makes that. Grandma can to that." I am so glad that Grandma does do that. We ate so good while she was here. Her grand finale was her cinimon rolls. Oh, yeah! The way to an Engstrom Man's heart is through Grandma's Cinimon Rolls. She left extra frosting and Adam and Zachary had to have that over every square millimeter of their roll.


Jo really didn't waste time while she was here day two of her visit Josh took off of work and we all went into the big city. We got tickets to "West Side Story" and ate lunch at a really nice deli tootled around, saw "the tree" etc.... After our show was over we were done with the big city. I always enjoy my time in NYC and I always love coming home to quite NJ.


We dicided that it was too cold for the boys to go to the "the Big Chill 5k run" So it was just Grandma and Josh that went. I'm glad that Jo got her new running shirt.

3 comments:

Katri said...

Hey, you got new appliances and painted (?) your cabinets! New countertops, too? It looks great!!

Becky said...

We got to see Jo too during the holiday but we didn't get her cinnamon rolls! I think we missed out a bit.
And as for us moving to NJ the chances are low but definitely better than us going to California or Utah! It is still too soon to say for sure. Actually, it is kinda fun not knowing where we will end up in 2 years! (Probably boring old Texas but I can always dream big!)

Brittany Roscheck said...

Jo told me about the aprons. They are so cute. I am sure the boys love being soiled by their Grandma.