Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day




This was our romantic family Valentine Celabration. It has been our tradition that the men (daddy) cook dinner for the Ladies (Me) while we get all dressed up. Since a working daddy and life doesn't really have the time for all of that we modified it to ordering pizza and drinking sparkling root beer from our fancy goblets. It was fun. In the picture Adam is saying "to infinity....and BEYOND!!!"


The new thing around our house is Buzz Lightyear. Adam climbs on to every thing that he can and before jumping exclaims "to infinity ....AND BEYOND!" This activity occupies him most of the day. Josh reported to me that Adam has now got his whole nursery class saying this. He leads all of the kids and the teachers too in the charge.





Zach has now got two little teeth that have just come in. He can offically roll back to front which he can add that to his repertoire of tricks. He sits up like a champ and has been reaching for toy that are out of his reach and getting into the crawling position. I jst love watching them change and develop.



We are also working on potty trining with Adam (not going so well). Any sugestions? I think I'm going to start training Zach along with Adam since Zach is more teachable than Adam is right now.






10 comments:

Val said...

Yea! I'm your first comment! Welcome to blogging world. I knew you'd eventually join. It's such a good way to keep in touch! I have links on my blog to some of our cousins (Ben, Becky, Jeanetter, Jared) if you're interested. We had pizza for Valentine's dinner, too! So romantic!

Becky said...

Wow! Sounds like life is great in New Jersey. The kids are super adorable. I am glad you finally joined Bloggersville. It will be fun to see what is up with your family. Val has a link to ours on her blog. Oh, and ask Jo how she potty trained Josh. I think she may have put an ice cube in his diaper. Maybe that is just a rumor.

Becca said...

Yay! Jena, I knew you'd be a blogger girl! Your boys are adorable and good luck with potty training--we're still trying to get Brigham to go. Love the pictures--keep 'em coming!

TKB said...

Hi Jena! I am so glad you have started a blog.... we loved the Christmas letter, and now I can see more of you. Your boys are so cute, our little Isaac is now 9 weeks old. I'm totally in love with this little guy- what fun having a boy.

Talk to you soon.
Beth

Chad and Amy Hatfield said...

Yeah for you Jenalyn! You guys all look fantastic. Potty training is never easy, although important. With Jackson I just picked a week where I didn't do anything else. We had a potty chart where he put stickers each time he went. It was a frustrating week, but the end result was great.

McCain Family said...

Yay, I am so glad to catch up a bid on your fam! Blogging is so fun. Now, we just need to get Heather and Aunt Jerilyn to start one.

CYNDI said...

Jenalyn! Hooray, I am so glad to keep in touch this way. Y'all look wonderful. I wish I could be there with you to watch your boys grow up and celebrate all the steps. Zachary is a pro! Michael is not quite there yet and they have the same birthday! The potty training that worked best for us was going naked. Put them in a long t shirt, they became really aware when they pee on their skin. But, I started Andrew before he was ready and it took forever and it was really miserable. He was old enough, but just not ready. Then Jacob has been poop trained for 18 months and completely trained for 8 months. So, you never know. I hated training Andrew, it was the most frustrating thing, because it was beyond my control. But, it is worth it when its over.

Michelle said...

Yeah!! Blogs are so addicting! At least they are for me! :) We have a blog too! I love the pictures! Your boys are really starting to look alike! So fun!

Kathryn said...

So that's funny about your valentines dinner because... well, I went all out and bought steak and shrimp to make a big elaborate dinner for Boyd. Funny though... I kind of took a long time to make everything, so by the time that we sat down to eat everything was cold except for the steak, and it was completely bloody and undercooked. I should have gone with the $5 little Ceasars pizza. It's Boyd's favorite and he always begs for it. Anyways, I wasnt laughing at the time, but it was pretty dang funny. I love you and talk to you soon.

Carly said...

Jenny Martin sent me your blog address. It's so good to see you again! So my husband's cousin Meredith has a blog that I was checking out the other day and who do I see in her Christmas pictures? You! Apparently her husband's family had you over for the holidays. What a small world. Your boys are so cute. My blog address is dave-carly.blogspot.com.