Monday, February 2, 2015

Benefits of cold weather and Snow

One of the many benefits of cold and snowy weather is getting a chance to play with forgotten of even new toys.  I got this game out for Andrew and I to play with and he really enjoyed beating my guy. Adam and Zachary were building some snap circuit with their dad and after they accomplished what ever they were doing they were quickly distracted by all the fun and Andrew and I were having.  Soon everyone had their chance at "Rock'em Sock'em."



Fasinating ice; looking, touching, feeling, smashing, creating, and playing with the impermanent crystal ICE. Often if the sun is out the boys are captivated by the wonderful snow covered front yard.  Tank comes out too, they run, play and they explore until the cold has cut through all the layers that they might be wearing or we are otherwise obligated to start our responsibilities.  Zach found himself a ice blade which imagination took him away to another land for a space of time.  I love what winter does for the imagination.



 
 
 
Another wonder of winter is snuggling.  Great Grandma Green made and sent Andrew a new quilt made with love, trains, and puppies.  He loves it and really enjoys to wrap up in it.  He comes to me with his blanket in hand and ask "Mommy, I be your baby?" When I hear that it melts my heart and I stop what ever it is I'm doing.  I wrap him up with his blanket give him a huge hug, scoop him up, pretend that he is my baby and set my 40lb. baby on the couch.  I try to soak up all the snuggles that I can get while my babies are willing to give them.  Andrew is still squishy but my older two are not that way any more.  When I can't get a snuggle from them any more I can rely on my giant lap dog. 




No comments: