Monday, October 1, 2012

Pittsburgh Impromtu

I've never been to Pittsburgh until now.  We have been displaced because of the danger that hurricane Sandy posed on our family so we are now with Josh at his AI CHE conference.  I'm pleasantly surprised with this city.  I have been really impressed with the architecture and construction of the buildings.  The infrastructure is immense.  Pittsburgh has over 38 bridges and several tunnels.

We stayed in downtown at the Marriott.  It was a really nice hotel a great place to have adults but not the most family friendly place.  The did have an indoor pool so that was nice.  I really enjoyed the daily maid service.  It was magical to go down to breakfast and come back up to a clean room.  I took joy in that everyday.  besides all of the nice things that were around us it was still hard to be couped up in a small hotel room with three active boys.

We discovered the Pittsburgh Children's Museum.  We bought a family membership and went everyday.  We attended about 5-6 times and still didn't see all of the rooms that were there to see.  It was a wonderful place to take our active and curious kids.  There were several rooms to explore: the attic, bounce room, garage, make shop, nursery, water room, studio, theater, and cafe.  We never made it down to the theater and art studio.  One evening when we were leaving and talking about coming the next day i asked Adam "hey do you want to do the art studio tomorrow?"  he responded "I hate art.  It gets me all dirty."    Pop!  There goes my bubble.

Thursday evening we were at TGIFriday's for dinner and a customer commented that they thought it would be really busy because of the circus being so close.  I inquired and they told me that just above us in the hockey center was the opening night of the circus and that tickets were really cheap.  So, I got to take the Adam and Zach to the circus.  It was my first time to go too and I was on the edge of my seat.  We had a blast.  Adam's favorite part was the clowns and Zach really liked it when the man lit himself on fire and was catapulted across the arena.  I enjoyed the tight rope walkers and the acrobats.  We had so much fun.  I really liked being able to take out just Adam and Zachary. 

Friday was our last day in the swanky city hotel and we moved to more comfortable quarters in the suberbs we did some shoping and get ready to go back home as soon as we had word that we got power restored to our area.  As much fun as our adventure to Pittsburgh was it was ver nice to get back home to our home, beds, pets, and life. 



No comments: